Sellers, are you looking for peace of mind?
If you’re looking for peace of mind and certainty when selling your home in these uncertain times, look no further than our RealSure Sell offering. Unlike many iBuyers, such as Opendoor and Offerpad, whose business model is based on buying and selling (flipping), homes; RealSure is not a home flipper, nor is it their mission or business model. (NOTE: iBuyers may not use RealSure. Only the current homeowner of the subject property in question with the legal rights to sell the home may use RealSure.)
Q. What is RealSure’s mission?
A. RealSure is on a mission to help people win at home ownership. Our vision is to be a category-creator by building the go-to, lifelong homeownership solution that is trusted by everyone who wants to maximize their current and future investment in a home. This vision includes the ability for a seller to receive a cash offer or for a buyer to make the equivalent of a cash offer with no financing or appraisal contingencies.RealSure
Q. How long will it take to get an offer on my home?
A. How about right now?
The RealSure program from Coldwell Banker® and Home Partners of America is a unique program that puts a Cash Offer in your hands while you continue to market your property for the highest offer. You can accept a better offer or, if that offer falls through, have the reassurance that the RealSure Cash Offer is still on the table for 45 days. With a RealSure Cash Offer in hand, you can obtain an upfront inspection and receive a Home Value Statement. With that in hand, you can make an offer on your next home as if your current home is already sold.
- A competitive cash offer right out of the gate.*
- Option to list your home to beat the cash offer for 45 days.
- If you decide to sell to RealSure, you can remain in your home for 30 days after closing.
Where is RealSure available?
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- Charleston, SC
- Charlotte, NC
- Chicago, IL
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Columbia, SC
- Columbus, OH
- Dallas, TX
- Deltona, FL
- Denver, CO
- Ft. Meyers, FL
- Ft. Worth, TX
- Houston, TX
- Lakeland, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Milwaukee, WI
- Orlando, FL
- Phoenix, AZ
- Sacramento, CA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- San Antonio, TX
- San Diego, CA
- Sarasota, FL
- Tampa, FL
*As of February 2022
How does RealSure for sellers work?
- I will meet you at your property so I can visually see it. After this, I will submit your property to make sure it meets the qualifications for RealSure Sell.
- If your home qualifies for a cash offer, you must complete enrollment in the program within 7 days.
- Upon completing enrollment, you may choose to list your property with a cash offer open for acceptance for 45 days, or accept the cash offer immediately. You get to choose what you feel is best for your situation. Either way, you have the certainty of a guaranteed sale with the RealSure Sell cash offer on the table! You can choose the cash offer at any time during the 45 day acceptance period.
- Upon signing the RealSure contract, an inspection will be ordered.
- The RealSure team will review the inspection for any issues or disqualifiers. Once approved, the RealSure team will provide a seller credit request to me and I will review it with you.
- You select a closing date within 45 days of your initial enrollment, however, you can choose to stay in your home for 30 days after closing with FlexStay.
What happens after I accept the RealSure cash offer?
If you choose to accept the RealSure cash offer, a standard home inspection of your home will be conducted by a professional home inspection service provider. Based on the findings of the inspection, an amended sales contract may be provided to reflect the updated purchase price of the home. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Within 10 days of receiving the signed contract, RealSure may provide a sales contract amendment reflecting a seller credit based on the findings of the inspection, reducing the cash offer price. You will have 5 days to accept or walk away from the amended contract.
Can I make repairs as identified in the home inspection?
No. Unfortunately, seller repairs aren’t permitted. If repairs are needed, RealSure will make price adjustments to compensate. (My note: If you feel your home is in need of repairs and you wish to do this yourself, or hire someone, it would be a great idea to get this done prior to submitting your home for consideration to RealSure Sell.)
How long will it take to close if I accept the RealSure cash offer?
You can choose a closing date within 15-45 days of returning the signed sales contract.
How much is the RealSure Fee?
There is no cost for getting a RealSure cash offer. If you choose to accept the cash offer from RealSure Sell, there is a service fee, (a percentage of the purchase price in the low single digits), which ranges depending upon the property. This fee goes towards RealSure’s costs in buying, holding, and re-selling your home. If I market your property and it sells for more than your cash offer, you don’t pay the service fee.
Who determines what the agent’s commission will be?
If you’re enrolling in RealSure Sell and listing your property, the commission is the same as any other listing. If you choose to sell to RealSure without listing, you will be required to pay a negotiated commission. Keep in mind, your property may bring a better price if you choose to market your property during the 45 days your cash offer is open. (Also keep in mind you won’t pay the RealSure service fee if you sell your home on the open market.). Either way, you can rest assured I will help you understand your options, while knowing that you already have a guaranteed cash offer on your home with the option of obtaining the best offer available!
Do clients have to work with an agent?
Yes! RealSure Sell is only available through real estate agents. I’m here to help you with my expertise, so that you have the best possible outcome for your unique situation.
If I change my mind, do I have to sell to RealSure?
No! If you change your mind, or if your home has not sold after 45 days, you do not have to sell using RealSure Sell. You would, however, be obligated to fulfill your listing agreement with me as your REALTOR.
Why would my home not be eligible?
Certain situations would disqualify your home from eligibility for the RealSure Sell program. The general guidelines, (not meant to be all-inclusive), would be as follows:
- working farms
- more than 2 acres of property
- condo with units below or above the property
- manufactured housing, modular homes or log cabins
- homes not in minimum satisfactory condition
- located within a 100-year flood zone
- If the bottom of the 1st floor is 1.5 feet or more below the base flood elevation
- sinkholes on property
- improvements made without required permits
- non-approved Freddie/Fannie solar panels
- new construction that is not yet completed
- homes that are over 100 years old
- outside of market price min and max
- short sale, pending or threatened foreclosure
- under contract, estate/probate sale or bank-owned
- properties owned by an iBuyer
- HOA fees totaling more than 1% of home’s value
What is FlexStay?
Should you choose to sell to RealSure, FlexStay gives you the ability to stay in your home for up to 30 days after closing. You can notify RealSure of your interest in FlexStay when you accept the RealSure cash offer. You can choose to stay as little as 1 day, or the maximum of 30 days, or anywhere in between. The choice is yours.
What are the fees for FlexStay?
The fees include a security deposit and a daily occupancy fee which are determined based on the final price point of your home. All fees will be deducted from your proceeds at closing.
*After personally having a client who tried the RealSure offer, I can say the offer was on the “low” end. However, as mentioned, there was no obligation to accept the RealSure offer, and there was no penalty for simply letting it expire. So much better than the underhanded tactics of Opendoor: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2022/08/ftc-takes-action-stop-online-home-buying-firm-opendoor-labs-inc-cheating-potential-sellers